Monday, March 22, 2021

Glamis Update, Monday Reality, Summer on the Horizon, and Today? Well, I Get Shot #1. I'll Take It. But I Prefer Buddy Boeheim's 3-Point Shot

I think it is safe to state that Glamis the Wonder Dog seems to think she's in recovery mode. Why do I say this? Well, she slept for 24 hours, then ate her stomach-safe, smelly dog food, then proceeded to spend most of Sunday underneath the feet of Chitunga and me looking for handouts and extra food. Of course, we didn't give her any, but she was definitely more curious about eating than she's been in a while. And she didn't leave our sides.

Tunga took her for a walk, and for a two-hour reading fest at the beach. His words, "She loved it there. She seemed to enjoy the fresh air." 

I spent yesterday getting ready for the week, and also super cleaning spaces Glamis has occupied for two weeks, as her fur fell out everywhere. I also went to campus to get my 6th Covid test and I teased the nurses, "I think I'm addicted at this point to the nose-swabbing. I'm desensitized, and this is actually somewhat stimulating and comforting."

I got groceries for the week (after checking offices to see phones still NOT there and deliveries more of a "let us store our junk in your space because we don't want to deal with it" type movement. What a shit show). And, with University athletics in full force, getting on campus for a swipe took 5x's as long. So many people trying to enter campus in a tight, little check-in area. 

I went to get groceries for the week, then returned home to prepare for Monday-Tuesday classes, and to go for an 8-mile hike simply because the weather was perfect, and I'm fully aware of taking mental breaks. I listened to Mathew R. Kay's Not Light, But Fire and I can say I'm inspired. This is a writer/thinker/doer I want to teach with. Absolute wisdom and zero complaints about what he proposes...just admiration. Brilliance. 3-hours of listening in...8 hours more to go. 

But Glamis seems to be on the up-and-up. She truly did rub up against me all day, unless she was in with Chitunga on a walk or at the beach. 

Fingers crossed. It's impossible to truly concentrate on what we're doing with a dog waifing away at our side. 

Wow, Monday. You're here again. It's National Goof-Off Day and we have several plans in place. 

Meanwhile....they almost screwed it up, but they held on...Cuse is in the Sweet Sixteen (somewhat of a slight period of normalcy). I bit my nails on that game. 

And we begin in 3...2...1.



1 comment: