Friday, December 31, 2021

The "In Memorials" 2021 Have Helped Me to Stay True to the 50/50/50/50 Pursuit. Drove to Trader Joe's & Stocked Up for Better Eating

I think it was the fact that so many actors from my childhood that were always on the televisions in my parents' house passed away this year (I mean, the captain of The Love Boat and Biz Marke? Sondheim?). I don't know. Was just another reminder to enter this mid-life gig with more intentionality than the past year has allowed: injuries, injuries, injuries. In my head, I can get back to those phases in my life where I was at the gym for an hour and then ran 5 or 6 miles. I was still a big guy then, genetics, but I loved the routine...the thinking...the me-time. I want to have the me-time, back (which I still get on the walks...it's just not the same). 

Amazing to think that this is the last day of the @#$#-up year, and that it really is 2020 "too," and this is feeling a little reminiscent of last year when we podded ourselves up with safe people, and only occasionally socialized. I told Chitunga, "I'm perfectly fine with that isolation, but I also know it's not good for the soul." We need people. Am curious how the University will handle the incredulous uptick. I know New York colleges and universities have already outlined their thinking. We'll likely learn a couple days before, and be applauded for our flexibility and willingness to adapt. Go us!

Chitunga and I grabbed sandwiches at a deli for lunch, then we headed to Laguardia, so I could turn around and get stuck in Connecticut traffic for two hours. Yes, the traffic returned a while ago, and I did enjoy the days where no one was on the highways like they are now. Connecticut is synonymous with traffic.

Also, I'm boostered. I also got my flu shot, too, so I'm not having too many expectations for myself today other than keep-on-keeping on. I know Tunga was taken down for two days 24-hours after he got the booster, but he also had the J&J. I had the Moderna, so shot #1 was the bad one (supposedly). 

Okay...time to get this day going. Heading to campus in 3...2...1.

No comments:

Post a Comment