Friday, December 24, 2021

You Know You Are in Central New York When the Japanese Noodle Bar That Opens Up Serves Kimchi, Wasabi Salt Potatoes. Well, Okay, Then

It was a joy to eat at a salt lick today, as Syracuse is Salt City. Actually, the Japanese restaurant was very good, and the salt potatoes were really good...perfect flavoring and a wonderful appetizer. The flavors in my main meal were good, too, but phew...let's talk about salt. Let's discuss pouring in two cups of salt and saying, "Hmmm, this should make it salty." Holy Nursing Home, Batman.

It should be called Ka'salt....not Kasai.

Afterwards, we went for chocolate at a new chocolatier in Syracuse and Cynde spent a fortune on treats for mom. I got a cup of hot cocoa, which easily was six Hershey bars melted into a cup of hot milk. Between the salt and chocolate, my mouth was many sorts of "there must be a Jolly Rancher somewhere?"

Mom and dad got spaghetti at night, but my stomach was still swollen from the salt and chocolate, so I passed. I need to lay low today, because I know tonight is the best evening to eat of the year. Nikki's meal was the best. She got a noodle dish that came out as a soup, and she didn't seem to be licking her arm the entire time scraping salt off her teeth. 

I do know that my ankles are likely to be extra swollen tonight, as Nikki told me to avoid salt and keep my legs up since my 2021 ankle-mishap. Lord knows I consumed more salt in that one meal than I have in the last two years of my life combined. 

Still, it was tasty. I see the potential of what the excellence could be should the chef have his salt-arms tied behind his back. 

It's Christmas Eve. Looking forward to the day ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment