Sunday, February 21, 2021

Five Days Later, I Got My Cupcakes & a Chance To Unwind with Friends Over Hummus and Falafels.

With home-stay, academic pace, and all these storms, it's almost hard to forget what being social is, and how to take a night off from the grind. But that's what happened. I sent barnyard bakery products to Pam a month or so ago, after I decided I was going to buy everyone chicken beaks so they could wish me a clucking birthday - she makes the best cupcakes in the universe and I like to encourage her by offering year-to-year themes.

I can't say that cupcakes necessarily go with hummus and falafel, but that is what I wanted, too. Both were delicious, although I felt like an oinker for eating so much and today I need to get myself moooooving. I quack myself up.

The evening also turned into a father/son conversation as most Saturday nights do, where we talk until neither of us can keep our eyes open any more. I made it to midnight last night and I was out.

And today needs to be the day of building presentations for the week, because there won't be much space in the days ahead. I anticipate each night ahead I will be waving my finger over my bottom lip going bwub bwub bwub, as I anticipate another day.

In the meantime, I'll appreciate an evening of music, talk, tequila, frosting, and pita bread. Get it where you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment